Sunday, March 9, 2014

Come and Waste Another Year.

I am 100 percent positive (nice AP style there, huh?) that if Daylight Savings was a national holiday, everyone would remember it. The world over. Those not of our nation included. People who want to sleep in regardless exclusive.

Obviously, you don't need to remind everybody of both of them. I'm always pretty excited about and latch readily onto “falling back;” it's the “springing forward” that activates the selective memory sections of my brain (read: all of it). Also, the names are either deceptive or I am slow to understand. “Springing forward” sounds so exciting, so thrilling, like a burst of new energy. Be not deceived as I, fellow-citizens; it is not.

So I guess what I'm trying to say. Make today a national holiday and we'll all remember it. Okay, actually it's always between Saturday night and Sunday morning, isn't it? Well, then we will have to make the Friday before and the Monday following both national holidays. This is the only reasonable solution. And reasonable it is. Get on it, Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment