Saturday, July 13, 2013

It's Getting Clearer.

Now it's coming back to me why neither I nor anyone else I know blogs... because there's really not much to say. Oh yeah? Well, challenge accepted, my friend. I can talk and talk and talk. I have a higher word-count-to-message-content ratio than you ever imagined possible. Maybe I ought to shoot for placement in the Guinness Book of World Records. Or, as I like to call it, my bucket list. First up, sell more platinum records than any other solo pop artist, including (but not limited to) Michael Jackson. I'll need to do something cool like that first to work up enough motivation to nail my less appealing goals, like growing the longest fingernails. (No pun intended.)

(Except, obviously that's not true because I'm employing the written word here, and even acknowledgement of a pun indicates implicit pun intention, since I had to notice it to write it and if I wrote it and noticed it I could have deleted it, and if I chose not to delete it? Bam, pun intended. I feel like no one should ever be able to say that phrase ever in their life unless it's about someone else's words. Come on, humanity, let's get it together.)

Words, words, words. Last night I took a break from my gruelingly boring-to-talk-about-unless-you-really-want-to-hear-well-maybe-some-other-time projects to watch Sherlock Holmes, the one with what's-his-name. Robert Downey, Jr. The folks—now, here, and hereafter referring to my friends and acquaintances and enemies with latent hostility, and not my parents—the folks and I watched the second Sherlock Holmes last weekend, I think, which was kickin'. Naturally. Good times were had by all.

It may be a little OCD of me, but it bothers me intensely that there's no third installment coming out. Bothers with the fire of a thousand fireflies. In other words, flickering on and off here and there and perhaps with not such intense heat as I was implying.

Perfect, thanks! Enjoy your day, everyone, anyone, and no one! I think that covers all my politeness bases. Complaints may be filed by whispering. The NSA will give me a transcribed copy later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment