Friday, July 12, 2013

Greetings, Earthling.

Okay, for better or for worse I've decided to start blogging again. Even though nobody I know does much anymore, I like plopping my brain out there into the big scary world of the Internet for anyone to read. Except that nobody will read it. But that's neither here nor there. If you are a human and not just Google's indexing bot, I extend you my warmest welcome. To Google's bot and all other anthropomorphized indexing scripts out there (I'm looking at you, Bing), may you also enjoy your stay, though I'm afraid we don't have any nuts or bolts for you to eat, or whatever robots eat. Or whatever or whatever. Whatever.

So I'm just working on my client's website... thing's a bear. Much more extensive coding than I've done before, just because of an extremely specific code set that I couldn't find anything open source for. The design was done weeks ago, though the functionality has taken much longer, and it's kind of irritating me to have a job unfinished. I'm just trying to do my best, though, plugging along. Hope he likes it.

And here's a list of some irresponsible expensive impulse purchases I've made recently: an unnamed piece of electronic equipment, a banjo, and several comic book subscriptions. I mean, who does that? Seriously. Out of control. I mean, I love them, but I've never bought them. Duh.

And right now I'm working on my normal schedule where I'm most happy and well-rested and productive. But it is so weird and late night-owl-ish. Not super conducive to a normal student or professional life. But it gets stuff done and I love it. I just wish it didn't seem so weird when people ask about it.

And I'm listening to Counting Crows and loving it. Been a while since my iPod's connected to my iTunes since something or other broke, so I haven't listened to them much. They're my favorite band, far and away. A Murder of One, Mrs. Potter's Lullaby, Recovering the Satellites (language warning on that one, Bingbot, try looking for the non-profane edited version), all unbelievable songs to me. Love 'em to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment