Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sleepy Sleeping McSleeperson.

Whatever. I don't have anything to say today. I love my job, I love a specific playlist of songs I have developed to work alongside, and I love having savings in my bank account. Tremendously good combination of things. Now I just need to rinse and repeat upon graduation. I'm hoping for under a year.

I'm planning on visiting a certain foreign nation of eastern Balkan geography next summer. My initial plan was to travel for a whole month, and was much more ambitious: I included every country bordering the Adriatic Sea, plus a few others that I added due to tangential interest. Each country got about two or three days in the schedule, I had a train pass to get through almost all of the countries whenever I wanted for a month's time, and I had scheduled a series of cities and hostels to contact.

Luckily my wise father, veteran traveler that he is, spoke some sense into me; I think I just really enjoyed the hypothetical aspect, since I love making extravagant plans, but my hyper-ambition wore off quickly when he reminded me how exhausting it is to travel. I want to make the most out of the trip and out of every country I visit there, so I'm whittling things down to two or three countries only.

Also. I had a great date on Saturday night that went beyond my obscenely reasonable bedtime. I loved it and it was a lot of fun, but Jiminy Cricket if I wasn't just exhausted all yesterday. I slept in and successfully dodged no fewer than five iterations of my alarm. I am not to be woken if I do not wish. The downside to so much compensatory rest yesterday is that I woke up more than an hour earlier than I would have liked this morning. Hopefully I can pull a baby bear tomorrow and fix myself some of my famous porridge of somnolence just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment