Friday, August 16, 2013

I Have Never Been Hungrier.

I had a crappy (sorry, there's that PG rating rearing its ugly head again) week this week, due mostly to being overwhelmed by my frankly overwhelming capacity for failure. It's times like these when I unfortunately turn most to video games and stomachaches for my solace. I say unfortunately because it doesn't really do much to alleviate the craptitude of the time as it crawls by (and sometimes teases me by convincing me it's going backwards). I had hypnosis performed on me today, as a side note, which at the very least was incredible at making me want to feel peaceful forever. Not recommended for participation while driving, though. If the reasons are not obvious, then perhaps driving itself ought not to be recommended in your case.

Speaking of having my best friends leave me forever for the East Coast or go on missions to Central America or Western Europe, a fourth best friend of mine got married today. Like the others, I feel less abandoned than the victim of others' forward progress. But gee whiz if that reception didn't make want to get all kinds of married as soon as possible. Oh, and the ice cream. Did you know there's a wedding cake flavor? There is. Enough said.

You might be wondering why I didn't blog this week until today. Well, just like printed newspapers of yore (those things aren't around anymore, are they?), my blog is apparently printed in issues and volumes. Oh, or rather, an opus and a number. Maybe each post here can get something like its own Kochel number, like Mozart. I just need to be studied on a university level and be considered a major contributor and my blog a contribution to the field of art and academia. So this is season or volume or opus the second, episode or issue or number the first, in increasing order of potential for airs of snootiness. Maybe I am the Great American Novel.

Speaking of which, it's about that time of life (specifically, after a quarter of a century) where it's time to get cracking on my memoirs. The main contender for the title at this point will have to be something like Megalomania: Why the Rest of You Might as Well Quit Trying.

Also went to Temple Square today with some friends. Now that place is just a recipe for tender memories. Not to mention there was some fresh bread being baked somewhere nearby that I could not stop smelling. Nor did I ever want to. Gracious me, am I hungry now after writing this.

2 comments: