Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bump, Scrape, Screech.

Have you ever sneezed so hard that a string instrument on the other side of your room started resonating? Because, let me tell you, it is an experience. I don't know whether to be proud about this or not. I mean, I did it, but anyone could have. Why was I chosen? Too many questions, not enough time. Life is a mystery to me.

Last night as I was riding the elevator up to my floor, I took regretful note of a ticket stub lying on the elevator floor. Somebody had seen White House Down, starring Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum, and was not ashamed enough of their film choice to hide, incinerate, or destroy the proof. Don't they know elevators have cameras? Didn't they know that, unlike books, some movies can be wisely judged by their covers? Do I really want to be living among people who fail to exercise the most elementary levels of prejudice at the box office? Too many questions.

So we went swimming last night for a surprise party for Dear Little Sister. Balloons, pizza, pop, fun, and friendship were had by all. The chips didn't quite make the rounds as well as the friendship or the pizza, but a couple people were lucky enough to get some samples.

Then as I was dropping off some folks at their apartment after the party, I had a completely fine drive with responsible and prescient navigating skills that kept both myself and my car unscathed and fit for travel. It was entirely uneventful, as my driving often is, and one wonders why I bother to mention it at all. One might wonder if I'm telling the truth. Well, One might really want to tone it back a bit with the questions, all right? I'm sure One isn't half as perfect as they make themselves out to be, so let's, can we all, I mean, just forget it, all right? Too many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment